Megyn Kelly shocked everyone yesterday when she announced that she is leaving Fox News to take a job at NBC.
Since Kelly’s last day at Fox will be on Friday, executives at the network are already scrambling to find a replacement to take her primetime time slot. Now, insiders at Fox have revealed who exactly the network is looking at to take over for Kelly.
New York Magazine reported that Fox is looking for a “pro-Trump conservative” female host in order “to align itself with the new administration.” This comes after Kelly alienated millions of Fox fans with her frequent attacks on Donald Trump, and the network is trying to stop this from happening again.
Insiders at Fox said that the leading candidates to take over Kelly’s spot are hosts Trish Regan, Shannon Bream, Sandra Smith, and Martha MacCallum. The Five host Kimberly Guilfoyle is reportedly also fighting for the position as well.
Sources within Fox News all have different things to say about who will replace Kelly, but the one thing they all agree on is that she will be a pro-Trump conservative. The insiders also revealed that Kelly had been unhappy at Fox ever since her high-profile feud with Trump during the election cycle. One Fox News host confirmed that her relationships with her fellow top hosts Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity had gotten particularly strained.
“Bill hated her,” the unnamed Fox host said.
Another insider with the network said that Rupert Murdoch balked when she asked for $25 million at the last minute after he’d offered her an extremely generous $20 million contract to stay at the network.
In the end, many Fox News fans have made it abundantly clear that they will not miss Kelly and her anti-Trump attitude.